Tuesday 11 June 2013

Wake me up when it’s over





Turn the music on, I gotta beat this down
Ma ups, ma downs, my smiles and ma frowns,
Let’s take a lil trip, i’mma gonna ask ya to get a good grip
Coz we’re gonna say hello to pain, and yah you might go insane
My mamma left me when I five, hell no lie
Papa loved me, fed me, dressed me
There ain’t no lullaby to sleep, just enough reasons to weep
Playing catch with meself, papa ‘tot me as he’s a loner himself
No summers smashin’, I stand to watch ma homies do go-kartin
Found a way in ma books, no summer’s day by the brooks
And ohh -I guess ya didn't know, it’s quite a show  
I was in ma 6th grade, proud to be in ma school parade
My shirt is grey & messy, ma girlies all tidy & pretty
No mamma to wash..it’s ma fate, damn Mrs. Higgins is quick to hate
The gals all in giggles havin fun, tore me apart the humiliation
Papa was the best man, soon he turn ‘em all into ma fans
I was ten and ya bet, the monster in my closet not scary
Coz Im’ma reality, man next door is ma reason for worry
Papa trust him but he’s full of rust, a pervert with foul stories of lust
6 feet into the ground is now da cannibal, burning in the highest flame of hell
The road gotta a lil rough with coming of age, furthermore gettin’ stuck inside ma cage
Uncles, aunts & friends…I ain’t no what these words rilly meant
Things no turn any betta with adulthood, Imma yearning for a second childhood
No that’s just not alla that story, there‘s lotta more that’s worth ma fury
So unless you was me, don freakin’ try to judge me, it’s funny
With a pride that’s left of ma own, Im’ma fighting with a life that beat me down
 and yo ya came along, when Im’ma looking for ma papa who was gone
Kudos ya played me well, ya magic with words that’s how I fell
Ma fault I love a man, who neva stay home, breakin' me down to ma bone
When you was hungry, I fed you a hot meal
Love your pay-back style goddamn lies, that ain’t a fair deal
            Ah…your father gave me a scarlet letter, you watched me burn…you ain’t no betta
Give him a holla from me, open up ya mind, don't ya get hooked up to his kind
Pretend like ya only do what ya told, good riddance yeah…I know how far ya bold
You’ve forgotten the rules 1..2…3, go on now roll up a weed in glee
Keep beefin up it don’t matter, alla that liquor take you nowhere
Stop clowning around coz it’s time, try and walk on a straight line
Red pill or blue pill, imma gonna let ya take the call
Blue pill and the story ends, red pill and we enter ma wonderland
Well duh...this seems like forever, brin' it on, wake me up when it’s over…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
writer| model| stylist Also blogs at www.fashgasms.com