Sunday 9 June 2013

Hey lightie, I’m brown skinned!


Hey, you ready? Let’s take ‘em baby...

Lights, camera, action…
Sea of faces, fancy ladies, fashion gurus
Cameras flashin’, music blastin’, nervous reaction
I’ve got a move, an attitude, not this time
Barely remember me sequence nor who’s next in line
Sexy in a satin, I froze, my heart pumpin’  
The head ramp is crammin’ coz I ain’t swervin’
Livin' in a bubble, with the fame I struggle
Coz when I heard it from ya, I tore up a little
What that?! I’m a regular
FYI…lightie not anymore!

Coz ma brown brown skin don’t grab your attention,
Lookin askance at fair chicks, nah I don’t care to mention
Talk to me boi…

Yeah ‘em rappers, I’mma gonna give ‘em a run for their money
Roxanne, latifah, nikki minaj
Lil' kim, foxy brown, rah digga
Duh, I ain't a nigga
I’m an Asian in rap, I’ma lady from the subcontinent
White fella…I’ve got somethin’ you don’t, i call it confidence
Oh ya…I’m serious, now raise your brows
Ain’t a showoff, and it ain’t as bad as breaking vows

Talk to me boi

Mamma goose, you ain’t have no worries
It’s ‘em Latinas, Caribbean hailed as hotties
He don’t get it right, there’s no such thing as a perfect 10
There’s no flawless curve as a Sunny Leone or sexy Angelina’s pout
Alla that done to prettify, without a doubt

Boi ya know what? There’s no set standard for beauty
I’mma brown to the bone, so what?! dusky is sultry
 Cappuccino, mocha, or a caramel queen
I walk tall, coz that’s how Im’ma seen
White chicks, naw, Imma call ‘em pigmentally challenged, no pun
Boys on ma block not exchange me for one…

Talk to me boi…

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
writer| model| stylist Also blogs at www.fashgasms.com